7.12.11

Maps

Inspired by our honeymoon travels, Ryan bought a giant antique-style National Geographic map to hang in our living room. When we unrolled the package and laid it out on the floor, I couldn't help but sit right on top of it, totally immersed in how big the world is. I felt that same feelings I got back in my earliest geography classes - excitement, wonder, the desire to learn more about each tiny place. Maybe it was that excitement, or maybe just because the map was so big, that made me feel like a kid again.

The plan is for that excitement to inspire us to visit somewhere new each year.

We just got back from a 9 country European honeymoon - Holland, Belgium, Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Greece, and Turkey.

Where should we go next?

No comments:

Post a Comment