6.12.11

Long Time No Talk

Thought I forgot about you? Well, you wouldn't be that wrong. This past year was incredibly busy - full of ups and downs and twists and turns. It's kind of perfect that my last post was "We're Engaged!", because up until recently, my wedding occupied the majority of my time. With our celebration in Kingston, and having just moved to Toronto, our weekends were spent driving back and forth negotiating with vendors and finalizing details. Not to mention, the weekends we spent writing guest lists, attending showers, writing thank you cards...
I've learned that when you say "yes", you're really saying "no" or "maybe later" to everything else in your life until you finally say "I do".

Our wedding was beautiful, everything I imagined and more (check out the amazing photography by Toronto-based Odd Sparrow). That being said, I'm glad that it's over. I'm glad that we can return to everything else that I've missed over the past year. Reading, writing, painting, baking, traveling, and more.

I'm glad to be back.

On our honeymoon, leaving Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment