19.7.10

Backing & Forthing

For those of you who know me well, you know I've been doing a lot of backing and forthing about where I want to go, how I want to do it, and when. In the past few weeks, I've been doing a lot of reading, hoping to pick up tidbits of inspiration that will make my decisions easier. But, the more I read, the more I realize that nothing can make the decision for me. Whatever I decide to do is bound only by the limitations I set upon myself. A couple of my favourite tidbits from Zen & the Art of Making a Living:

"Be patient toward all that is unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

"You can't depend on your judgment when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain

"Don't listen to friends when the Friend inside you says, 'do this'."
- Gandhi

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
-Ambrose Redmoon

"The heart has its reasons that the mind knows nothing of."
-Blaise Pascal

No comments:

Post a Comment