24.9.10

On top of the world in Norway

Three years ago, around this time of year, I ventured off to Norway to do a work-term exchange. I was fortunate to have a connection at Kvitfjell Ski Resort -- one of the sites of the '94 Lillehammer Olympic -- where I would work on the marketing team for the destination.
I remember being completely overwhelmed by how beautiful it was there. On my first day, we went offroading to get to the peak. I was asked to take pictures of the new lifts for a local newspaper. To my Norwegian colleagues, the scene was nothing out of the ordinary. The new Canadian intern, on the other hand, was speechless. I remember being disappointed by how the pictures turned out. They didn't seem to capture the magnitude of the landscape's beauty (looking at them now it's hard to believe). It was completely surreal. At 854ft above sea level, I remember literally feeling 'on top of the world'. There were some days we drove through clouds on our way up the mountain, just to get to work. Looking at these pictures again has brought on a huge wave of nostalgia. I loved my time there. But what I love even more is the fact that I had the guts to make this adventure happen. I can't wait to go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment